Onam’s Special Recipe 1 - Parippu Curry
30 Mins & for 3 People
To grind to a paste:
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- few nos curry leaves
- 1 no red chilli
- 6 nos small onion
- Dry roast moong dal till golden or until nice aroma rises. Then transfer it to pressure cooker and pressure cook it along with a pinch of turmeric powder, salt and required water.
- Once dal is cooked mash it up once, set aside. Grind the ingredients listed under ‘to grind’ along with little water to a fine paste, set aside.
- Now transfer the dal to a pan and let it boil for 2 mins. Then add coconut paste and let it boil for a good 5 mins in low flame. Adjust salt at this stage.
- Let it boil once the raw smell of coconut paste leaves, switch off and set aside. Now prepare your tadka – in a tadka pan heat oil add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilli let it splutter then add finely sliced small onion and fry till slightly browned.
- Now transfer the prepared tadka to the dal, drizzle ghee gives a quick mix.
- Serve hot with rice and papadam.
You can buy the all ingredients at FROMINDIA